Sunday, 14 February 2016

Washi With Long Sleeves

I made this dress over the summer, but I never blogged about it.  It is the Washi dress in blue linen.  I made a bias bound neckline and I used the same bias tape for the elastic casing in the back and the cuffs.  The pattern calls for shirring across the back, but my Brother just won't do it.  I know some people have solved this by fiddling with the bobbin case, but I am reluctant to try that.  I added a long sleeve- I used the free 3/4 sleeve Rae released a while back and I lengthened it to full length.

I am very happy with it!  It works well with tights and tall boots.  I just cut another in fine-wale cord and I can't wait to sew it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment