Sunday, 14 February 2016

Schoolhouse Tunic

I remember reading about the Schoolhouse Tunic YEARS ago, but it didn't strike my fancy at the time.  For some reason, it popped into my mind a few weeks ago and I became obsessed with getting the pattern and sewing it.  I love my first one which is my wearable muslin.

 I made come changes:
-I added interfacing to the neck/bodice facing.  That wasn't in the directions, but it seemed necessary. -I lengthened the sleeve to give it a full length sleeve.  My personal message to pattern designers?  Enough with the 3/4 sleeves.
-I eliminated the top stitching around the front of the bodice and collar.  This fabric has such a clean, modern look to it and I thought the top stitching would mess it up.

Overall, I think this a great pattern.  It was easy to understand the directions and it didn't take too long to sew.

Washi With Long Sleeves

I made this dress over the summer, but I never blogged about it.  It is the Washi dress in blue linen.  I made a bias bound neckline and I used the same bias tape for the elastic casing in the back and the cuffs.  The pattern calls for shirring across the back, but my Brother just won't do it.  I know some people have solved this by fiddling with the bobbin case, but I am reluctant to try that.  I added a long sleeve- I used the free 3/4 sleeve Rae released a while back and I lengthened it to full length.

I am very happy with it!  It works well with tights and tall boots.  I just cut another in fine-wale cord and I can't wait to sew it up.