Monday 16 September 2013

Gumballs




The theme for Project Run and Play this week is Candy Inspired so here is my project:
This fabric reminds me of a gum ball machine full of brightly colored spheres.  Gum balls always catch my eye because they just look so bright and cheerful but when I actually think about what is in them, I cringe. Luckily this fabric doesn't make me cringe and the dress makes me smile.  As soon as I finished it, Maya put it on and deemed it her new favorite.  She even wore it for her first day of kindergarten.

The fabric is and interlock knit I had in my stash.  The pattern is a slim cut peasant style with a ruffle at the bottom and a sash/belt in a coordinating jersey knit fabric.  I upcycled the fabric for the belt from a dress of mine which was way too short and low cut to be appropriate for me.  The belt is stiched tot he dress at the side seams so it doesn't shift around.


I broke out the double needle for the hems on the ruffle and the sleeves.
Maya likes to end every photo session with a twirl shot.

10 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love that you upcycled. I think the "last of your stash" fabric was used for a great project too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric! I can totally see the gumball inspiration! Great job! Don't forget to come link to our Fall Clothing Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love knit dresses, and this one is adorable! My girly girl would love to wear something like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is much cuter than real gumballs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love how your dress fits the "candy" theme so well without being at all cheesy or unwearable. I bet my little girl would love this cute dress, too.
    --Jill, from Jill Made It

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute! Its a totally wearable piece, but I can still see your candy inspiration. I linked up a Milky Way inspired outfit for my son... SO much fun! Emily@nap-timecreations

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Just perfect for your sweet little one- the colors are so cute and it looks so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that fabric. It totally reads gumball machine. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project! I love knit dresses...so cute and it looks so comfortable!
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete