Thursday, 25 July 2013

Sewing for Fall

I found bottom weight knit fabric on sale at Joann's and I made some the pink and purple leggings for the girls.  The polka dot fabric was leftover from a skirt I made myself a while ago. There are two pairs of doll pants in the pile there:

I also got this cute Michael Miller fabric and made another Charlie Tunic for Hannah.  It looks a little clown-like to me but it is for a 2 year old so I am not that worried!  Maya thought it was cute so I made a skirt with piece I had leftover:

I made this flannel nightgown for Hannah from a vintage pattern.  Right after I cut the fabric I lost the directions and I had to figure out on my own.  It is basically a modified peasant dress but instead of elastic there is an opening in the front and a ribbon tie through the neck.  The original pattern looked like a strangulation hazard so I gathered the neck and stitched down the ribbon so it can't pull too tight.  You can't tell but there is tiny lace trim at the bottom.

I have done some sewing for myself this summer as well but I haven't photographed any of it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment