I used one of many pants patterns I have cut to get the shape of the front and back curve for the pant legs. I kept the sleeves intact otherwise - I just made sure the length was right using a pair of existing pants. I sewed the crotch seams, folded over the top and added 3/4 inch elastic.
For the top I used an existing top made from woven fabric to mark the shoulder and the arm holes. I kept the curved hem of the shirt and I made the top long enough to be more of a tunic length pajama top.
The sleeves were cut from the sides of the body of the shirt so they have the side seam of the shirt along the top. I like the stripe effect it provides.
Hannah is not the biggest fan of having her picture taken. She has had the flash go off in her eyes one too many times!
Here she tried to run away:
Don't judge my floors. My autistic son went through a stage in which he spit on the floors constantly (it was gross) and the damage to the finish is pretty bad. We are waiting for a wining lottery ticket to re-finish the wood!
Finally we got a smile:
Another look at the bias tape:
Just to re-cap:
The pants were cut from the sleeves
The body of the baby's shirt came from the lower center of Dad's shirt
The sleeves came from the side of the body of Dad's shirt
Everything came from 1 shirt (probably an XL but the size tag only had a neck measurement) and the pajamas are probably a 2T-3T