Monday 27 August 2012

Hanna Andersson Inspired/Love the Peasant Style

I have been a bit obsessed with the peasant style top/dress this summer. For one thing, the construction is soooo easy.  Another real advantage is that it is pretty much guaranteed to fit.  And since there are no buttons, zippers, or snaps, my four year old can get them on by herself.  I made the girls a dress, a shirt and a pajama top in this style for the summer.

I love to look at the Hanna Andersson catalog as soon as it arrives.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that one of their dresses this year, the Retro Dress, is a peasant dress.  I decided to pick up a couple of prints I have had my eye on for a while and make an HA inspired dress.


Here is Hannah's 2T dress. I opted for one pocket instead of 2 because when I pinned 2 on it seems to mess up the look of the print.  The pocket is ribbon bound (the ribbon encases the raw edge of the pocket).  I haven't added the bows on the pocket and at the neck like the HA dress has because I need some green thread.  I am not 100% sure if I want them though.  Hannah is still putting a lot in her mouth and I could see her chewing the bows.
Yes, that is a picture of the inside of the dress.  Why?  Because I got a serger!!!!  I got the basic Brother model.  Amazon.com had a price drop for about a day (from about 200 down to 178).  It has been a dream.  I have only used this stitch so far but I haven't had any problems.  I am in love with the amazing finish and the speed at which I can work. 
 
When Maya saw me buy this fabric she said she didn't like it (no pink).  When she saw Hannah try it on she got a little jealous and said actually she DOES like the fabric.  Too bad.  She is going to have to wait until the school year starts and I start getting paid again.  Don't feel too bad for Maya.  I have a different fabric all ready to go for her.  And I just made her this (peasant style) flannel top. I love the kangaroo pocket.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment