Friday 11 May 2012

Make the Presents, Make the Presents!

The title of this post is from a Friends episode.  CHandler and Monica agreed to make their anniversary gifts but Monica forgot.  When reminded she yells out (something to the effect of), "Make the presents, Make the presents!"

As I have grown more confident with my sewing machine I have started to make more of the gifts I give. 

Above are some gifts I made for my sister who just had her second baby.  The jacket has flannel oe the inside, quilting cotton on the outside, and it has bias trim.  the booties are knit with Lion Cotton Ease yarn using the pattern in Knitting for Baby (a great book).  The washcloths are cotton chenille backed with quilting cotton.  It was a lot of fun to put all these things together for her.

Here is a circle skirt I made for Maya's friend's birthday.  The tutorial is here.  I also made this peasant dress with simple pockets for the same girl.  This pattern is my own. ( I think everyone who sews has to make some peasant dresses, right?)  I have made some like this for Maya too and she loves them.

I find it much more rewarding to make the presents when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment