Sunday 11 March 2012

Launch



I have had this blog set up for a loooooooong time but I never got around to posting. Any blogging energy I have had has been directed to my special needs/disability blog.  Over the years I have posted sewing and knitting projects over there but I am not sure whether that is really of primary interest to other special needs parents. I found a number of great sewing/crafting/knitting blogs I love so I thought why not follow along and start something new?


So here is Sanity. I knit and sew in order to stay sane. It reminds me I am still here. Outside of my full time job, I can't really get out. Making things keeps me from drowning in a world dominated by my son's profound developmental disabilty.


Over the past few weeks I tried to decide which project to highlight in my first post. Friday was my youngest child's first birthday and I made my girls pajamas. I love them and I thought they were a good project to start with. The pattern is the Oliver and S Bedtime Story Pajamas. It is out of print so I had to buy it on Etsy. I could only find the bigger size pattern so I improvised for the baby trying to size down from a 4 to an 18 month - yikes. I changed the closing to snaps instead of ties because I knew the ties would be UNtied all the time. I also screwed up the direction of the crossover on the baby's pair - think late at night, after the kids are asleep, tyring to meet a deadline. . . You get the idea. I plan on fixing it so they match properly.


I LOVE these pajamas and I plan on making flannel pairs for next fall and winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment